HomeBackSexual HealthSupportProfessionals SectionBoyBoyGirls

ContraceptionServices & ClinicsSexually Transmitted Infections - STIsSexualitySupport for Young Mums and DadsMen and BoysMore InfoWorried About Sex?
Sexualitysexually transmitted infections
Ask a Question


What is it?

This is a Sexually transmitted infection, which is caused by a tiny parasite, not visible to the naked eye. This is found in the vagina and urethra (the water passage).

How did I get it?

Unprotected sex

What are the symptoms?


An increase in vaginal discharge


Pain passing water

Painful sex


Usually no symptoms but they may notice a discharge or discomfort when passing urine.

What will it do to me?

It will just cause discomfort, long term problems are unusual.

Where can I go?

GUM/Sexual Health Clinic, or a Doctor.

Can it be treated?

Yes with a cause of antibiotics. Your partner will also need treatment even if they feel perfectly healthy.

Always wearing a condom during sex will reduce the risk of becoming infected.

Top of Page

More Info
Links Page
Ask A QuestionService Info

Sexual Health Section | Support Section | Contact Us | Privacy | Fun | Services